Bacon Mac n’ Cheese Pizza
A lot of what you’ll see on Whiskey Bacon is inspired by “what if?” and “I want” type conversations.
Me: Want to do pizza this weekend?
Sister: I want mac and cheese pizza.
…two hours later on Pinterest.
Me: What if we add bacon too? What if we add chicken?
Sister: Ooo, okay!
The crazy thing about this pizza is that it almost wasn’t. There was no time to make dough, it was undercooked, Supernatural was about to come on, etc. In the end we found a great pre-made substitute dough, found out that twice baked made for twice as good, and hey Supernatural’s on every week. It’s not every week you get to make a bacon mac and cheese pizza.
Recipe: Bacon Mac n’ Cheese Pizza
- Pizza dough (We used a premade one, just to cut on time)
- Tomato Sauce
- Various cheeses or milk, flour and butter
- Pre-cooked chicken or any other meat you feel like adding.
- Cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to temperature as guided by dough or dough recipe.
- Fry your bacon, not too crispy because it will go in again.
- Season your tomato sauce if you like a dash of oregano, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Boil your macaroni, after draining, make a quick sauce with about a cup of milk, half a cup of flour, and a tablespoon of butter. Whisk, whisk, whisk. We added a dash more of everything to make more cheese sauce. Add more flour if it looks weak and then pour into the macaroni. We also added grated cheddar and ricotta. We like cheese.
- Take your cooked dough and if it’s Valentine’s Day cut out a giant heart. You can later break this heart and two, or devour it whole. Then season your crust with olive oil, pepper and salt. Trust me, it adds just a little kick, that makes it just right.
- Take your dough and cover with sauce, then sprinkle on the macaroni and cheese.
- Now add bacon and chicken.
- Feel free to just add more cheese or bacon.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes or until it reached your desired crispness.
So carbs on carbs isn’t your idea of dinner? Don’t worry. WhiskeyBacon has lots of fresh living, smart eating choices that help you cut the fat and still enjoy your meal too!